Emergency Preparedness for Pets
Visit the following links for information on preparing your pets for a natural disaster/emergency:
Contact your local animal shelter, humane society, veterinarian, or emergency management office for more information on caring for pets in an emergency.
In most states, service animals for people with disabilities can stay in emergency shelters with their owners. Check with local emergency management officials for more information.
Need More Information? Try These Additional Resources:
- Helping Animals Affected by Natural Disasters
- Reporting an Abandoned or Injured Animal
- Health and Safety Tips for Pets
- Animal Shelter/Adoption/Control
- Disasters and Emergencies
The short link for this FAQ is http://1.usa.gov/pQTbcY